Classification Numbers for August 2015
August 2015 is in the books. Citizen scientists made 8221 classifications.
Also, there are 3 new names in the 500 club this month: hlgoldsborough, Knappster and arkeokat. So, I officially became the slowest person to reach 500 classifications (1061 days) … which is only two days faster than arkeokat. But hlgoldsborough already has 880 classifications and WailingWolf – another relatively new citizen scientist here – already has 2179 classifications! Thanks to you both and the others that are making this a successful project!
Will your name be on the list next month? Or what about those who reach higher peaks? What should we do for 1000+ classifications? Leave a comment and tell us.
We also had lots of new names on the monthly top 25 and tdw1203 moved up a spot on the all time board:
- Top Contributors – Monthly – The top three contributors each month since we began.
- Top Contributors – All Time – The top contributors since the project’s inception.
- Monthly Top 25 – The top contributors for the most recent month.
- The 500 Club – A list of all contributors that have made 500 or more classifications. Permanent recognition for our top contributors.
So go make some classifications at CycloneCenter.org! It won’t be long before WailingWolf or hlgoldsborough are on the all time board!
Numbers for August
- 8221 classifications
- 462 citizen scientists (397 for the first time!)
- 1897 images of 190 cyclones
- 167 images completed